Friday, January 9, 2015

Would You Pray?

Dear Reader,

Tonight I simply ask you to pray for me.  My left leg has been getting weaker and weaker and tonight is in much pain. Actually, I was in a lot of pain most of the afternoon and evening.  I took my pain pills and they have done little to help this time.  

Now, if you look up ALS, you may read there is no pain with ALS. I can assure you though that I know many folks with ALS that do experience pain on some level.  

Anyway, what prompted me tonight to write this post, is that right before I got online here, I picked up the t.v. remote to watch something I had taped.  I realized it is much heavier than it was this morning even.  I am losing abilities in my left side and let's be honest.  It scares me.  I'll adjust. I know I will, but with each change comes a bit of overwhelming emotions.  It is much like watching myself slip away and I don't like it.

So, thank you for praying.  I appreciate it.

1 comment:

  1. I simply cannot imagine. Have I told you that my hubby's brother had ALS? We were too far away to be with him during his struggle, but we understand a little. Praying for you, dear friend.

    ReplyDelete