Sunday, January 4, 2015

Church

I grew up a PK- a Pastor's Kid.  Oh the stories I could tell!  Church though was expected.  You couldn't tell my Mama or Daddy you just didn't want to go to church!  That wouldn't fly.  It's the same principle Glenn and I have today with our own kids.  Church is a priority.

I'm not going to lie.  There were times that I only went because I was made to, but truly overall, I enjoyed going to church.

Today, I am a Pastor's Wife- today as in this actual day,  being Sunday, I was in church twice- once this morning, and again this evening.  I'll return Wednesday.  Since having ALS, I have found church means more.  No, I'm not suddenly super spiritual or something, more than the person next to me, but I can tell you, I seem to feel things more than I ever did before.  Heaven is sweeter.  Heaven is closer!  Worship feels well, more like true worship, and not something that I do because it's tradition or ritual. 

I only wish I could have felt this way my entire life.  Songs have deeper meaning to me.  Try having a terminal illness and singing, "It is Well with My Soul."  It brings a wave of peace over me.  I truly may not know about tomorrow, but I do indeed know who holds my hand.

No comments:

Post a Comment