Saturday, January 17, 2015

What a wonderful two days.  Last night and this morning, we attended a fellowship meeting at a sister church.  It was great to hear preaching and see the new friends again that we've made in the six months we've lived here.  

People have been so nice to us here and for that, I am so grateful.   We've been through feast and famine where fellowship is concerned.  When we lived across the world as missionaries, we had some close friends, fellow missionaries that we would see at least once a month, many times more.  We moved to the states, and were in a place where there were not many other like minded people to fellowship with, and so we felt isolated, alone at times.  It's so nice to be in a place now where there are many other people with like beliefs to worship with from time to time and have a fellowship that beats anything the world has to offer!

My husband and I grew up in an area where there was always a youth rally, mission rally or fifth Saturday meeting to attend and know that you weren't the only ones who believed as we did/do.  It's now so great to have that kind of fellowship for our kids!  I need that more and more.  It reminds me that people are truly praying for me.  It calms me even.

No comments:

Post a Comment