Thursday, January 8, 2015

God Cares! He Really Cares!!!

With ALS, many times you also have something known as Pseudo-Bulbar Affect.  You may have seen a commercial recently about PBA, letting you know that those with it aren't crazy but have a neurological disease that causes uncontrollable crying or laughter.  Yes, I too have PBA.  It normally affects me by uncontrollable crying that can come on without a moment's notice.  I rarely have had the laughing kind and will tell about a time or two I did, in another post, another day. 

Yesterday evening (Wednesday), I began crying and thought I wouldn't stop!  It was getting close to church time and I curled up best I could on my bed, and prayed as I cried, "Lord, PLEASE help me! I've got to quit this crying before going to church!"  I went on to pray, "God this is overwhelming me and I can't make it without you! Please just let me feel your arms around me, holding me.  I know you're there, I know you care, but please show me."  After a few minutes more, the crying stopped and off in my power chair to church I went. 

 I homeschool two of our three kids.  Well, this afternoon, the youngest and I were baking bread as part of a school lesson.  I said to him, "I would love a bread machine!".  Two hours later, a couple from our church shows up and while there, the lady asked me, "Amy, would you like to have a bread machine?!"  My mouth almost dropped as she explained she had a brand new extra one that someone gave her!!!  I praised the Lord right then and there as I told her how I had not more than two hours before told my son I would love to have one! 

God is so good! He cares! He really cares!

1 comment:

  1. Yes He does and how very cool is that! Enjoy your new bread machine, I love mine!

    ReplyDelete