Monday, March 16, 2015

Years ago, my husband and I decided to take our children on "dates".  We each take our kids just by ourselves from time to time.  
With moving to another state a few months ago, and because of my not being able to drive myself...and not having a handicapped van until recently!, (the list of excuses goes on!)-  we hadn't been doing these dates.
This past Friday, I was able to go with my oldest son, downtown.  We rode on my power wheelchair (he walked part of the time) to pick up some food and eat at a park.  We were able to spend three hours together just enjoying our time.
I will be taking my youngest son and then my daughter this coming week.  We will go to a nearby city, do some shopping and have lunch.
It is so nice to be able to do this again.  I pray my kids will feel free to open up and talk about life and things that may be bothering them.   

No comments:

Post a Comment